Digital Services IOT Commercial Consulting Lead
Gemserv are a rapidly growing business offering a dynamic environment for talented and entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and build on their careers.
We are currently searching for a highly ambitious and motivated individual to lead our Digital Services IOT offering (IOT assurance, solution design and security) and oversee the commercial growth of our technology platforms. We are looking for a candidate that can demonstrate experience and recent commercial achievements in developing IOT services both on domestic and industrial markets. This is a senior level role focussing on diversifying our digital services over the next 5 years in line with our business growth plans.
The successful candidate will come from a commercial background, ideally professional services, be a subject matter expert in IOT, IOT security or technology platform services and have pedigree in successfully developing and scaling consultancy services. Experience in UK energy, public sector, connected health, financial services or transport will be an advantage.
- Develop, position and help secure commercially viable IOT solutions (solution design, assurance and security) as part of our consultancy offering. This will include linking IOT solutions to a wider suite of Gemserv services (technology platform(s), digital change programmes, cyber security and privacy).
- Lead on guiding the commercial development of our digital services, including IOT and position our technology platform solutions (Codeworks, OneTrust) to a wider client base.
- Network, build relationships and lead on the positioning of opportunities with existing and new clients, and partner with our BD team to secure sales.
- Externally focussed in generating interest and leads in our services via thought leadership, including writing engaging content, social media activities and speaking at events.
- As part of a team, lead on the consultancy delivery (50%+ chargeable time) on projects across digital services, including IOT and technology.
- Provide senior level leadership to coach and mentor teams to achieve exceptional performance (commercial, client delivery and service innovation).
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Experience and skills in:
- Extensive experience in consultancy service development, including business development positioning, stakeholder management and developing/scaling IOT and technology platform consultancy solutions. Ideally from a professional services background.
- Delivering IOT consultancy solutions in both domestic and industrial markets e.g. Energy, Public Sector, Connected Health or industrial applications.
- Excellent understanding of commercially developing technology platforms, IOT solutions, assurance, system architectures, cyber security, communication protocols, standards, and data protection. Including:
- HAN technologies (e.g. ZigBee, Z-wave, Thread), LAN technologies (Wi-Fi, Ethernet) and WAN technologies (Cellular, LRR, 5G, NB-IoT, LTE-M).
- Emerging technologies, including cloud services (ideally AWS, Azure and Google Cloud).
- Platform and product development (electronics).
- Understanding of IOT architectures in industrial and manufacturing environments.
- IOT security and assurance, including governance and compliance, testing and assurance and emerging regulatory implications and opportunities.
- Future market landscape and best practice.
- Stakeholder management, including exceptional communication skills.
- Proven in developing thought leadership content and representing Gemserv at external events.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’