Digital Assurance Consultant
Gemserv are a rapidly growing and evolving business offering a dynamic and growth-minded environment for talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial consulting professionals.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated subject matter expert with a professional services background and expertise in digital technologies, consulting, and business development to drive the strategic and commercial growth of our digital services practice. We are looking for highly experienced candidates with capabilities in digital solution design and assurance, connected devices and IoT, artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies. The successful candidate will also have experience in working on programmes across one or more of our target sectors. We particularly interested in speaking to candidates with backgrounds in UK or RoI Energy (especially with smart metering experience), Health, Public Sector, Low Carbon, Insurance or Transport.
This role leading will see the successful candidate leading on client engagements and internal business growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will be have leadership capability, be consulting focused, and experienced in business development.
- As part of a cross-functional team, lead on the consultancy delivery on projects across our digital services
- Advise clients on how to achieve their business objectives and be adaptable in the techniques you use
- Work with clients to solve their challenges, design and build fit-for-purpose solutions, often within complex organisations
- Report to the Digital Services practice lead in developing services and positioning Gemserv in the market
- Support digital transformation and on-going change initiatives within Gemserv
- Network, build relationships and lead on the positioning of new opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Generate engagement and leads for our services via thought leadership, including writing engaging content, webinars, social media activities and speaking at events.
- Provide leadership to coach and mentor teams to achieve exceptional performance (commercial, client delivery and service innovation).
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to graduate or post-graduate level
- Prior professional experience in smart metering, with an understanding of the full ecosystem, underlying technologies, and stakeholders involved
- A high-level understanding of digital solution design as well as the testing and assurance processes and standards applicable to many consumer technologies and smart metering equipment.
- Highly literate (able to write reports/proposals/professional briefings) and technically astute (able to derive meaningful insights from highly technical data)
- Comfortable presenting complex information to non-expert and expert audiences as well as demonstrable experience in developing stakeholder relationships
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines
It is beneficial to have the following desirable skills and experience:
- Familiarity with or experience of having worked within the remit of other codes in the Energy industry (REC, BSC, DCUSA etc.)
- Experience in the testing and assurance lifecycle for consumer products, ideally as a test analyst, lead, or manager
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK Smart Metering Programme Technical Specifications (GBCS, SMETS, CHTS, DUIS and MMC)
- Experience in IoT, Artificial Intelligence, and/or other emerging technologies
Successful candidates will also need:
- A strong interest in and aptitude for developing consultancy skills in the wider Energy, Health, Public Sector, Insurance and Transport industries
- Commercial awareness including proposing & business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, and effectively conveying and promoting the Company's message
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’