Data Protection Consultant (Ireland based)
Are you interested in building a career in privacy? Do you want to work with experienced and talented privacy professionals and a close-knit team? Do you want to benefit from a healthy work/life balance and join a company which promotes flexible working?
Our rapidly-growing business offers a dynamic environment for insightful, collaborative, impactful and innovative professionals to thrive and grow their careers.
We are currently looking to appoint a Data Protection Consultant in the Gemserv Cybersecurity and Privacy practice to work with clients at the heart of multiple sectors to assist them in addressing their privacy and data protection challenges and tackle their emerging digital risks with the rise of smart technologies.
Working at Gemserv will be a great opportunity for you to establish yourself in the privacy space and develop your career in dynamic sectors. For this role we are looking for candidates who are looking to take the next step in their career and have already gained relevant experience in privacy and data protection, as well as being previously exposed to consultancy and client advice.
The successful candidate will have the ability to analyse complex legal and commercial issues and be able to provide effective and straightforward privacy advice. You will prioritise tasks to manage deadlines and be a self-motivated, team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Providing consultancy support to our clients by advising on a wide range of privacy and data protection issues;
- Supporting client in implementing data protection at an operational level, including but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing privacy notices
- Undertaking Data Protection Impact Assessments and third-party risk assessments
- Reviewing and updating relevant agreements (e.g., data sharing arrangements, controller-processor contracts) in line with a wide range of global legislations, such as the GDPR and the CCPA (for instance)
- Delivery of trainings and technical workshops
- Implementation of appropriate safeguards for international transfers, with a focus on Brexit
- Being able to advise organisations on the implementation of ePrivacy rules, especially around cookies and other tracking technologies
- Supporting organisations in relation to security breach management, investigations and complaints, requests from data subjects;
- Being able to provide support to the business development team in the development of sales proposals and bids;
- Supporting on external publications on topics of interest as well as attending key events on data protection and cybersecurity with a view to promote our services.
Experience and Knowledge
The successful candidate will:
- Have a keen interest in privacy and data protection;
- Some experience in communicating and cooperating with supervisory authorities is desirable;
- Be keen to learn and keep abreast of regulatory changes;
- Have the confidence to build and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders within the business;
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken.
Skills and Qualities
- Relevant professional experience and/or relevant university degree;
- CIPP/E or equivalent certification is required;
- CIPP/A or equivalent an advantage;
- Actively seeks to develop own expertise in technical areas;
- Proactive, ‘hands on’ starter finisher, high achiever, and results-driven individual;
- Highly organised and able to manage and prioritise workload;
- Practical experience using Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and privacy tools such as OneTrust
- Project management skills are desirable;
- Problem solver with high attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and team playing skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with different members of a wide and multicultural team;
- Confident client facing and personable;
- Adaptable in own communication style to strengthen relationships with stakeholders;
- Actively seeks feedback from senior colleagues and implements feedback for self-improvement.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’