Data Protection Consultant
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Data Protection Consultant to join our Data Privacy team.
Gemserv’s Data Privacy team offers the right individual the opportunity to work with a varied range of clients and to make a difference. We also offer a clear career structure with the opportunity to progress both within the Data Privacy team and in the wider practice. Through our sector focus, our consultants have the opportunity to work with colleagues from other disciplines on meaningful projects that make a real impact.
- Support clients to understand their responsibilities and comply with their obligations in respect of data protection and privacy;
- Work with clients to create and maintain documentation using Gemserv’s templates and approach including:
- Policies and procedures
- Privacy notices
- Records of Processing Activities
- Data protection schedules within contracts with third parties
- Carry out assessments following Gemserv’s approach including:
- Data protection gap analyses
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- International transfer impact assessments
- Cookie assessments
- Supporting clients with queries submitted through our ticketing system including:
- Data subject rights requests
- Ad hoc queries about privacy and data protection issues
- Researching and writing the monthly client newsletter, which contains news about developments in the world of data protection and privacy
- Starting to support the business development team in the development of sales proposal and bids;
- Agree an area of specialist interest with the Head of Data Privacy, create blogs and other thought leadership materials around your specialist area and work with people across Gemserv in your specialism.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Proven working experience (minimum 1 year) within data protection;
- CIPP/E or similar qualification;
- Practical experience using Microsoft Office;
- Experience of using privacy tools such as OneTrust an advantage;
- Aware of key data protection legislation, particularly GDPR, PECR and ePrivacy;
Skills And Qualities
- Actively seeks to develop own expertise in technical areas;
- An interest in data, data-driven innovation, cybersecurity and data;
- Ethical individual with an interest in the issues that drive Gemserv;
- Confident and personable individual who can build relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken;
- Analytical, process-oriented thinker with a good attention to detail and the ability to spot gaps in evidence;
- Empathetic person with an ability to consider and respond to the needs of the people who use the documents we produce;
- Demonstrates our values, which are:
- Insightful - show a passion for learning, a willingness to exceed expectations with clients, and to demonstrate sound judgment
- Collaborative - have an adaptable communication style, be passionate about making a positive difference, and to strive to contribute to develop the team.
- Impactful - show a willingness to be resourceful in order to ensure excellence, to take ownership and responsibility, and to always act with honesty, integrity and respect.
- Innovative - to show a willingness to be innovative and challenge convention, to enable diversity of thought and equal opportunities for all groups, and to be positive and agile in response to change.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’