Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on some of the most dynamic projects taking place across many industry sectors? Do you want to work in an environment where you are supported to realise your ambitions to take your career to a higher level?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Digital Transformation team by employing a specialist with data architecture skills.
Gemserv are looking for talented digital transformation professionals. We have a number of fulfilling and interesting senior roles at our clients within government, financial services, utilities and many others. These roles require travel to client sites and may include international travel in support of specific client engagements.
As we expand to meet increased demand for our services, we are currently looking for a Data Architect for our digital transformation practice, ideally with general Enterprise, Solution, and Technical architecture skills.
- Build fit-for-purpose architectures within complex organisations, including public sector services, with a focus on data architecture.
- Support digital transformation initiatives and on-going change to strategic architectures while maintaining momentum in the delivery of new services.
- Facilitate the creation of governing principles and policies to guide decision making.
- Manage the full lifecycle of an architecture, covering requirements gathering, modelling, and implementation.
- Design assurance, and reconciling data architectures against an enterprise architecture.
- Use of formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and propose transformation of systems.
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, and exposure to, a broad cross-section of different market sectors, and both public and private sector experience.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to understand business requirements and how these translate into a data architecture.
- Ability to develop strategies for data acquisition, data consolidation, archive and recovery, data retention, and data cleansing.
- Experience of tools and techniques for data analysis, data modelling, data migration, and data integration.
- Experience of database design, database optimisation, and database administration both with SQL and NoSQL techniques.
- Experience of big data and data analytics.
- Analysis of complex business and IT environments to identify critical deficiencies and the ability to set out clear recommendations for improvement.
- Adaptable and quickly able to understand organisational drivers, strategies, business needs and enterprise principles.
- Broad technology knowledge with an understanding of legacy, current and emerging technologies, and market trends.
- Commercial understanding of how the selection of technologies delivers best value solutions with a sustainable whole lifecycle cost.
- Certified to an industry recognised architecture standard (e.g. TOGAF).
- Architecture experience – over 3 years as a data architect with experience across the breadth of the architecture spectrum.
- Technology experience – over 5 years within the technology industry.
However, if you lack any of these but are willing to learn, still get in touch.
You should also have the following desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of public sector digital and technology strategies.
- Experience of working with SOA and web based architectures.
- Experience of when to use COTS products, licenced software products, bespoke developments, open source, cloud, and how to take advantage of, and reuse, existing solutions.
- Knowledge of change management including programme and project delivery (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile) with preference given to certifications.
- Knowledge of IT service management (e.g. ITIL) with preference given to certifications..
Successful candidates will also need:
- Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise Gemserv’s profile.
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical.
- Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for projects.
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach.
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients.
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals.
- Open-minded yet sensitive to internal and political constraints.
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.