Data and Analytics Principal Consultant
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Principal Consultant to join our Data and Analytics team.
As a Data & Analytics Principal Consultant to join our growing Data & Analytics practice. You’ll be joining a different type of consultancy, one that aims to tackle social and environmental challenges and the ethical use of data to drive real business outcomes like growth, sustainability, operational excellence and safeguarding against risk.
You will help our clients to understand how to manage their data - optimising wherever possible, how to turn data into insights – driving better decisions and how to unlock the potential intelligence in data – enabling AI based actions.
You’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, advising and delivering modern data platforms into various organisations.
You’ll get to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry on some of the most exciting data challenges.
We aim to leverage the latest cloud tools and technologies to build scalable, reliable, and securable data platforms at the enterprise level.
We are looking for a Data & Analytics Principal Consultant to help shape and deliver data-driven change into organisations. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with ever changing needs and explorative projects.
- Liaise with decision-makers like industry experts and business leaders to understand business priorities and objectives
- Shape data engagements to deliver successful customer outcomes
- Support proposal and solution design including estimation activities, bid preparation and live impact analysis
- Manage delivery of one or more projects / programmes
- Support clients identify the art of the possible and the next step in their journey
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team
- Provide thought leadership, points of view and wider commentary within the data domain
Knowledge, skills and Experience
You’ll have the expertise and confidence to work collaboratively with engineers, architects, subject matter experts and business analysts in multi-disciplinary teams, and have demonstrable experience in several of these areas:
- Great interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Project management, execution, and drive to get things done
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of performance coaching and management of other consultants
- Passionate about learning new and cutting-edge technologies
- Passionate about data and delivering excellent customer outcomes
- Previous client facing consulting background
- Demonstrable advisory experience in a selection of the following disciplines: Data Strategy, Data Management, Data Governance including Data Quality, Data Products, and Data People and Organisation including Operating Model Design and delivery approach
- Demonstrable delivery experience in a selection of the following disciplines: Data Architecture, Data Lakes/Warehouses, Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Analytics, Machine Learning & AI
- Demonstrable ownership and delivery of advisory and implementation projects
- Experienced in different delivery methods especially Agile
- Experience of pre-sales and bid preparation work
- Staying up-to-date on developments within the industry, sharing best practices and actively contributing to the development of artefact’s, methodologies, frameworks etc.
- Understanding of the services available in various cloud platforms
- Expert knowledge of data warehouse principles and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of different database types and use-cases
- Expert knowledge of data integration patterns including streaming, events, publish and subscribe, api’s and batch
- Expert knowledge of master data patterns like registry, consolidation, co-existence and centralised
- Implementing data protection and privacy patterns like anonymisation, pseudonymisation, obfuscation
- Familiar with the data challenges within one or more industries including: energy, healthcare, public sector, construction or financial services
- Able to sustain key customer relationships with decision makers
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’