Content and Media Consultant (Low Carbon/Sustainability)
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world with a focus on delivering profit for a purpose and helping our partners to tackle climate change. We work with a range of clients that are committed to sustainability and we are seeing an increased interest in integrated communications packages to complement our policy engagement activities and as such, we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic communications specialist to help us create innovative, engaging campaigns and content for our clients.
You will join an innovative and purpose driven organisation focused on tackling today’s social and environmental challenges, working alongside highly motivated and diverse colleagues. The successful candidate will have experience working in a media, communications or public relations role and will have preferably have previously interacted with national newsprint and/or broadcast media and delivered proactive and reactive communication campaigns. If this sounds like you, we would love to receive your application.
We are looking to recruit a Content and Media Consultant to join our Low Carbon Business unit, sitting within the dynamic, impactful and growing policy and insights team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a difference by positioning our clients as key voices in the sustainability, heat decarbonisation, energy efficiency, low carbon transport and smart tech debates. To achieve this, they will work with clients to define their content development requirements and collaborate with internal subject matter experts within the team to research, organise and write impactful content that reaches everyone from political and business audiences to consumers.
- Working with clients to define content objectives and target audiences
- Developing engaging content focusing on a range of subject areas related to the low carbon sector, including sustainable products and smart tech
- Writing original content including press releases, op-eds, website, emails and social media copy, and thought leadership content for senior industry figures
- Creating compelling headlines and copy to capture the attention of the target audience
- Optimising or repurposing existing content to help it perform better or align with a certain campaign objective
- Researching and collaborating with the wider Gemserv team to aid and inform writing
- Proofreading, editing and quality-checking content to improve readability of reports and briefings developed by our research and analysis teams
- Assisting the wider team in developing content for social media and digital platforms
- Identifying client needs and recommending new content to address any gaps in the current content to position them as thought leaders
- Identifying opportunities for content development by monitoring political announcements and industry news
- Disseminate and pitch content to media on behalf of clients to secure interest from industry magazines and national media outlets
- Developing external communication campaigns linked to research outputs and public affairs workstreams.
- Measuring and reporting on content coverage and engagement
- Maintaining and expanding relevant press lists for clients to ensure contacts are continuously updated
- Support clients with industry award submissions
- Developing e-briefs and email campaigns
We are looking for:
- Proven experience in writing and disseminating copy on a range of subject areas
- Experience conducting in-depth research on a range of subject areas to align with specific briefs and objectives
- A demonstrated ability to understand and turn technical insight into impactful content at a fast pace
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Experience writing and securing media interest in press releases and op-eds
- Project management and organisation skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and workloads
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high focus on quality of work
- Experience using different communication formats including social media to disseminate messages
- A genuine interest in sustainability
- Previous experience building effective relationships with media would be beneficial
To apply for this role, please submit your CV along with cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’