Committee and Governance Co-ordinator - Smart Energy Code
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Committee and Governance Co-ordinator to join our Smart Energy Code team.
Are you looking for a role which allows you to further develop your Governance, stakeholder management and writing skills, whilst developing detailed knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a proactive and highly organised individual with exceptional customer service skills.
The successful candidate will work within the SECAS Committee team to provide administrative support to a Technical Sub-Committee by co-ordinating meeting papers and drafting detailed minutes, organising and facilitating meetings and communicating industry developments.
This role will focus on stakeholder management of the Data Communications Company (DCC) and committee members, provision of high-quality documentation in the form of meeting papers, minutes, guidance documents and newsletter content.
The successful candidate will require strong communication skills, excellent written skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities.
- Coordinating multiple committee meetings, including booking venues and managing attendees (noting that all meetings are held remotely at present);
- Preparing meeting documentation including taking minutes, preparing paper packs and issuing agendas;
- Drafting summary meeting papers that are researched, accurate and concise;
- Responding to emails and helpdesk calls from SEC Parties requesting information on the SEC;
- Liaising with, and presenting to, industry stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships, including with regulatory and governance bodies and with the Independent Chair;
- Quality reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and consistency;
- Continuously improving the processes and products of the team; and
- Ensuring we meet our service levels regarding committee and party support by working to deadlines.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- have demonstrable experience in administrative delivery;
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- be able to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- be able to take quality minutes from technical meetings;
- strive for excellence in their work being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in a short space of time and pick up new processes and ways of working quickly;
- be proactive and driven with good self-discipline;
- be competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.) and quick to pick up use of new systems and tools such as Slido to drive meeting engagement; and
- be a team player, with good team interaction and interpersonal skills, working towards a shared vision for the future; and
- have knowledge of smart metering.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’