Commercial Contract Manager
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Commercial Contract Manager to join our Commercial team.
Due to continued expansion, Gemserv is seeking to strengthen its commercial team by appointing a Commercial Contract Manager. Reporting to the CFO, the successful applicant will have accountability for the effective commercial management of a wide range of contracts across the business, including drafting of new contracts and supporting commercial contract negotiations, maintaining contracts to ensure accurate and compliant records, and development of commercial knowledge and skills across multi-disciplined teams.
We are looking for a motivated individual who will drive continuous improvement of contract management considering efficiency, quality, and risk management. Additionally, you will be an excellent communicator able to interact with a wide range of internal stakeholders to achieve commercially sound outcomes.
The role holder will have accountability for the effective commercial management of contracts across the business. As such they will work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to:
Assess commercial aspects of new contractual activity to identify associated risks and benefits, supporting any contract negotiations;
Analyse both new and existing contracts with customers, suppliers and partners to ensure that content is commercially and legally sound and maximises commercial benefits to Gemserv;
Obtain approval for non-standard terms in accordance with agreed approval matrices;
Develop, deliver, and maintain effective commercial methods, processes, and operational procedures to ensure contracts are managed in line with internal and external compliance standards, including ISO and GDPR;
Maintain sustainable and productive commercial relationships with existing clients/suppliers and partners;
Provide informed advice on a variety of contractual matters;
Draft and review commercial contracts, including supplier and client contracts, NDAs, and other commercial agreements (e.g. partnerships) as required; Maintain relationships with external counsel and liaise with them where legal support is required;
Undertake other commercial operations, including employee training and development on relevant legal/commercial compliance matters;
Support the Operations and Compliance teams in developing appropriate due diligence processes for the procurement of new suppliers and the evaluation of prospective partners;
Work collaboratively with the Data Protection team to design and review non-standard data protection provisions;
Other activities as directed from time to time
The successful candidate will utilise their commercial acumen to deliver outcomes that are optimal for Gemserv as well as our clients. In support of this they will:
- Have at least five years' experience in a commercially focused role, ideally in the energy sector for a consultancy or similar professional services organisation;
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent, or have a professional qualification in commercial management / procurement / law (e.g. IACCM certified);
- Demonstrate strong commercial contract management experience including clear proven experience via verifiable sources, that demonstrates:
- A good level of understanding of contract and commercial law;
- A working knowledge of commercial contracts of various structures; and,
- Sound understanding of drafting of contractual terms and conditions;
- Demonstrate strong communication, presentation and influencing skills, with an ability to cut through complexity to reach the desired outcome;
- Have knowledge of the practical application of data protection legislation;
- Be a self-starter with experience of operating autonomously;
- Be able to successfully operate within multi stakeholder environments;
- Be able to deliver quality output to tight deadlines;
- Be a team player capable of a flexible approach;
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the corporate values and objectives of Gemserv.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’