Cloud Solutions Consultant
Are you looking to develop your career and become a key employee in a rapidly expanding and dynamic organisation? Do you want the responsibility and accountability to be able to demonstrate your abilities on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across in health, energy, education, central government and the wider public sector?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role in existing ones expanded. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking to strengthen our Digital Services team by employing a consultant with excellent cloud, digital and technology skills and with an ambition to grow as an architect.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to develop your career in some of the economy’s most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for candidates who have gained experience working with cloud technologies and are now looking to take the next step.
Gemserv are looking for talented digital and technology professionals to grow our business. We have a number of fulfilling and interesting roles with our clients within health, the public sector, utilities, and others across the UK and Ireland. These roles may require travel to client sites to support client engagements.
As we expand to meet increased demand for our services, we are currently looking for cloud specialists, ideally with a range of data, technology, and solution architecture skills.
- Support clients in achieving their business objectives and be adaptable in the techniques you use
- Work with clients to solve their challenges, design and build fit-for-purpose solutions, often within complex organisations, with a focus on using architecture techniques
- Report to the Digital Services practice lead in developing services and positioning Gemserv in the market
- Work closely with the health and public sector leads in supporting business development activities
- Support digital transformation and on-going change initiatives within Gemserv
- Promote Gemserv through thought leadership and attending events
For this role we are looking for candidates who want to grow as cloud and digital architects, with preference given to those from a health or public sector background
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of requirements gathering, modelling, and implementation and being able to communicate them to business and technical audiences
- Experience of analysing business and IT environments and identifying improvements
- Broad technology understanding, including emerging technologies and market trends
- Experience of working with Cloud platforms (such as Azure and AWS), with preference given to those with certifications
Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate any or all of the following:
- Experience of public sector digital and technology strategies
- Experience of health strategies and technologies such as EPR, interoperability between clinical systems, health informatics or clinical coding
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of an Agile project team, with preference given to recognised certifications
- Knowledge of change management, including programme and project delivery (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, PMP) with preference given to recognised certifications
Successful candidates are also expected to have:
- Willingness to learn the principles of consultancy-led selling, and be able to recognise new opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Willingness to take responsibility for projects
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high focus on quality of work
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients and to help raise Gemserv’s profile
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals
- Adaptable to working in complex environments and able to reconcile varying stakeholder views
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.