Cloud Solutions Architect
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on some of the most dynamic projects taking place in health, energy, education, central government and the wider public sector? Do you want to work in an environment where you are supported to realise your career ambitions whilst solving real world challenges?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role in existing ones expanded. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking to strengthen our Digital Services team by employing a consulting specialist with excellent digital, technology and architecture skills.
Gemserv are looking for talented digital and technology professionals to grow our business. We have a number of fulfilling and interesting roles with our clients within health, the public sector, utilities, and others across the UK and Ireland. These roles may require travel to client sites to support client engagements.
As we expand to meet increased demand for our services, we are currently looking for experienced consultants for our Digital Services practice, ideally with a broad range of business, data, technology, and solution architecture skills. We are particularly interested in your cloud architecture experience.
- Advise clients on how to achieve their business objectives and be adaptable in the techniques you use
- Work with clients to solve their challenges, design and build fit-for-purpose solutions, often within complex organisations, with a focus on using architecture techniques
- Report to the Digital Services practice lead in developing services and positioning Gemserv in the market
- Work closely with the health and public sector leads in supporting business development activities
- Support digital transformation and on-going change initiatives within Gemserv
- Promote Gemserv through thought leadership and attending events
For this role we are looking for candidates with a broad cross-section of different market sectors, but with preference given to those from a health or public sector background
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Manage the full lifecycle of a solution architecture, covering requirements gathering, modelling, and implementation
- Develop representations of architectures suitable for business and technical audiences
- Experience of analysing complex business and IT environments, identifying critical deficiencies, and developing clear roadmaps for improvement
- Use of formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and propose transformation of systems
- Broad technology understanding including legacy, current, and emerging technologies and market trends
- Experience of working with cloud platforms (such as Azure and AWS), with preference given to those with certifications
- Demonstrable experience as a solution architect, working with a variety of technologies
Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate any or all of the following:
- Experience of public sector digital and technology strategies
- Experience of health strategies and technologies such as EPR, interoperability between clinical systems, health informatics or clinical coding
- Understand when to use COTS products, licenced software products, bespoke developments, open source, and cloud, and how to take advantage of, and reuse, existing solutions
- Commercial understanding of how to derive best value solutions with a sustainable whole lifecycle cost
- Certified to an industry recognised architecture standard (e.g. TOGAF)
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of an Agile project team, with preference given to recognised certifications
- Knowledge of change management, including programme and project delivery (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, PMP) with preference given to recognised certifications
Successful candidates are also expected to have:
- The ability to develop strategies to raise Gemserv’s profile
- An understanding of consultancy-led selling techniques, and be able to realise new opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Willingness to take responsibility for projects
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high focus on quality of work
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals
- Adaptable to working in complex environments and able to reconcile varying stakeholder views
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.