Client Delivery Manager- Technical Operations - Smart Energy Code
Are you looking for a role which allows you to further develop your Client and Stakeholder management skills, whilst developing detailed technical knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Client Delivery Manager within our Smart Energy team.
As the Client Delivery Manager for Technical Operations, you will be working on one of our Major Accounts leading a team whose responsibility is, via the relevant committees, to ensure that the Smart Meter infrastructure is designed effectively, tested properly and working correctly, as defined by the Smart Energy Code (SEC).
The SEC is essentially the rulebook for smart meters, which underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain. So, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
In your role you will support the SEC Panel and the Independent Chairs of the SEC Panel technical sub-committees to ensure obligations and delegated activities are met and delivered. This will be achieved by you shaping the discussion, writing papers, and leading projects carried out by the Technical Operations team. You will also liaise with the Data Communications Company (DCC), the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and Ofgem on matters relating to the technical aspects of the SEC and will attend industry governance and DCC run forums.
You will manage a small team of consultants and analysts who carry out the day to day deliverables relating to the:
- Testing Advisory Group (TAG) – which supports the SEC Panel on all matters relating to DCC system testing;
- Technical and Business Architecture Sub Committee (TABASC), which is responsible for matters relating to the overarching Technical and Business Architectures underpinning the SEC; and
- Operations Group (OPSG), which is responsible for matters relating to the ongoing operation and performance of the DCC and its Users.
Activities undertaken include, maintenance of the Technical and Business Architecture, monitoring SEC processes, and supporting SEC releases. You will also engage technical experts across the business and the wider SECAS Team.
You will be accountable for delivering exceptional service to our clients and industry stakeholders and will therefore need to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management, project management and communication skills.
We are looking for a self-starter who will not just follow, but who will drive the agenda moving forward, as we support the industry in navigating its way through the complexity of the smart meter rollout.
Managing the performance and development of a small team;
Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Independent Chairs of the SEC Panel sub-committees;
Overseeing the co-ordination of multiple committee meetings;
Liaising with industry stakeholders, and attendance of industry governance forums;
Preparing reports and papers for consideration by the SEC Panel and Panel Sub-Committees and industry parties on technical matters relating to the SEC;
Supporting the maintenance of SEC Technical Specifications and the Technical and Business Architecture documents and models;
Continuous improvement of the products, techniques and procedures used.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in the energy industry, and/or smart metering.
In addition, they must:
- have proven management experience, and are able to shape, lead and develop a team;
- have strong client and stakeholder management abilities;
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities;
- have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate complex issues and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- strive for excellence in their work and that of others, able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in a short space of time and pick up new processes and ways of working quickly;
- be proactive and driven, able to challenge the status quo;
- be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders;
- be a team player, with good team interaction and interpersonal skills, working towards a shared vision for the future; and
- be degree educated.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.