Charge Point Operations Manager (Electrical Vehicles Charging Infrastructure)
Gemserv are working with an exciting and ambitious start-up business in the electric vehicle charge point market to recruit a number of new positions, the business has significant backing. The customers of this business are well-known Charge Point Operators and the business spends much of its time working with Local Authorities (at County, Borough and Unitary levels) to help accelerate their deployment plans for EV charging infrastructure to meet their resident’s needs.
The business believes that it can help revolutionise the on-street EV charging marketplace, combining the provision of power and data together as a cost-effective solution in urban environments. You’d be joining this exciting journey, as the business has just celebrated its first anniversary! As a start-up you’ll need to be able to deal with ambiguity, a dynamic environment (as the EV charging value chain is constantly changing) and a fast pace where there is a real focus on results, achieved as a team.
As the team is still forming, your ability to roll your sleeves up and dive in to help others outside of your main responsibilities will be welcomed. Having experience of the EV ecosystem and the EV charging market in particular is highly advantageous.
The business is building a culture that attracts and retains the best talent, who are passionate about making a difference to the climate. The business can enable the increasing uptake of EV’s by ensuring the correct infrastructure exists for everyone to be able to charge; reliably, conveniently, and affordably.
Whilst the business is a scale-up with c.15 employees, it is able to draw on the resources and support of both its parent company and an investment fund to deliver on its promise. With this support in place, the business already has a virtual team of over 40 people engaged to help deliver our business plans.
The role reports to the Product Lead and in this position you will be the backbone of the new business network, responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the EV Charging Network. Monitoring the complete charge point network (including comms) and work closely with vendors. Working with the Product manager to ensure the business is providing reliable and consistent service to customers.
- You will be required to be fully versed with the SaaS platform and monitor the charge point network (including comms) to work closely with hardware and software vendors to ensure optimal services are delivered, minimise any downtime whilst providing a reliable and consistent EV charging experience.
- To fully understand the functionality and features of the SaaS software, SIM connectivity and be familiar with all the chosen hardware.
- Work with the Product manager to ensure the business are providing the best service possible to customers based on the installed hardware and software.
Key Success Factors
- The uptime of the network
- Number of new sites live
- Issues resolved / number of customer complaints
- Partners adhering to SLA’s
- 3-5+ years of working with charge points and charge point operators.
- Deep understanding of how charge point hardware and software integrate and communicate.
- Alternative experience in IOT, software, smart cities and connected devices would benefit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in the field of science and engineering
- 3-5 years experience in Charge Point Operations or SaaS platforms
- A deep understanding of EV charging infrastructure and operations
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Exhibits resilience, patience and understanding
- Able to provide the bridge between the technical and product departments.
- Manage service level agreements with hardware and software vendors
- Ability to understand system diagnostic reports and manage relationships with customer support vendors
- Background in technical discipline such as electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Ability to digest and articulate technical information to the wider team
- A competitive base salary is on offer (up to £55,000 per annum, depending on relevant experience),
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holiday,
- Pension contributions,
- Electric Vehicles salary sacrifice scheme,
- Bonus plan worth up to 10% of your base salary,
- ...and numerous benefits.
The business is currently based in London (Zone 2) (but they are likely to move in 2021), and as with every other business today, much is being done from home. Whilst they expect that in the medium term, they’ll be able to get back in to the office, the view is that some level of remote working will remain in place for the long-term. They expect that most of the team will be back in the office 2-3 days a week and this role would be no different.