Change Delivery Manager - Retail Energy Code
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Change Delivery Manager to join our REC team.
The Retail Energy Code (REC) is at the heart of the regulation of the GB energy market, setting the standards for new and improved ways of working. Covering the complete breadth of the market, it is introducing a new model of cooperation and best practice for Code Management and delivering a new digital, modern, and accessible, consumer-centric code.
One of the key step-changes will be the operation of the change process. Rather than responding reactively to industry driven change, and utilising industry working groups to develop solutions to identified issues, the REC Change Management Team will be responsible for the detailed analysis, solution design and requirement specification for all Change Proposals. The responsibility for the development of solutions sits with the Code Manager, and not through the use of industry working groups.
The Change Management Team will be empowered and responsible for delivering a strategic programme of change to the industry, proactively raising Change Proposals to address known issues and opportunities and prioritising the change agenda to deliver an innovative, transparent and effective change process that focuses on consumer outcomes.
The Change Delivery Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Change Management Team and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of change within the REC. This will include managing the delivery of an extensive programme of change in the retail energy market, ensuring that change is proactively identified and delivered in accordance with agreed priorities and the wider REC strategy and objectives.
- Develop an understanding of the Retail Energy Code, its products and the end-to-end impacts of these on industry stakeholders and consumers.
- Work with other Code Manager Service Providers to proactively identify required changes to the code and capture these in the Codes Roadmap.
- Prioritise Change Proposals in accordance with agreed prioritisation criteria.
- Ensure Change Proposals each have a comprehensive, accurate and realistic Change Proposal Plan that sets out a timetable relative to its complexity, importance and time-sensitivity.
- Produce and maintain a Forward Work Plan to support planning, resource management and prioritisation of change, including details of all Change Proposal Plan and project milestones and allocated resources.
- Produce and maintain a Horizon Scanner to monitor future industry developments that may require proactive change to the code (such as wider industry projects, changes in legislation, contract renewal dates, industry milestones, etc).
- Lead, develop and manage a group of Change Analysts, providing motivation and development to achieve overall high performance across the Change Management Team.
- Deliver against required performance levels and Key Performance Indicators, providing regular reporting on the performance of the Change Management Team.
- Review and approve change documentation to required quality standards
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with other Code Managers and REC Code Manager Service Providers
- Act as the operational point of contact for the Change Panel and other Responsible Committees.
• Extensive demonstrable experience in a relevant project/change management role.
• Experience in managing complex change programmes impacting a wide range of stakeholders.
• Experience in resource management and planning.
• Leadership skills, leading effectively to motivate and inspire the team to achieve a vision and deliver excellent service.
• Organisation and time management skills, with the ability to co-ordinate and deliver multiple projects and manage conflicting milestones and deadlines.
• Risk management, identifying and managing risks and issues to ensure successful delivery.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and articulate complex issues to all levels of seniority and to technical and non-technical audiences.
• A keen eye for detail and the highest standard of quality for themselves and others.
• Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers, putting consumer outcomes at the heart of what you do.
• Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
• Relevant Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, APMG)
• Understanding of the GB energy retail market and regulatory framework
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.