Change Analyst - Retail Energy Code
The Retail Energy Code (REC) will set a new standard for industry code governance in the GB energy market, differing significantly from existing models under other industry codes. It will mark the transition from the traditional ‘Code Administrator’ model to an empowered ‘Code Manager’ function, delivering an accessible set of arrangements in plain English and digital format with robust technical and performance assurance frameworks, and a clear focus on consumer outcomes.
One of the key step-changes will be the operation of the change process. Rather than responding reactively to industry driven change, and utilising industry working groups to develop solutions to identified issues, the REC Change Management Team shall be responsible for the detailed analysis, solution design and requirement specification for all Change Proposals. The responsibility for the development of solutions sits with the Code Manager, and not through the use of industry working groups.
The Change Management Team shall be empowered and responsible for delivering a strategic programme of change to the industry, proactively raising Change Proposals to address known issues and opportunities and prioritising the change agenda to deliver an innovative, transparent and effective change process that focuses on consumer outcomes.
The Change Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the change process, developing solutions to address issues and realise opportunities in the retail energy market, engaging with stakeholders to capture views and impacts, producing change documentation and ensuring REC products remain accurate and up to date.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Retail Energy Code, its products and the end-to-end impacts of these on industry stakeholders and consumers.
- Provide advice and support to REC parties and stakeholders in understanding and engaging in the change process.
- Identify the impacts of Change Proposals to REC products, parties and service providers, consumers and other industry codes.
- Analyse the root-causes of issues and develop effective, proportionate and enduring change solutions in collaboration with other Code Manager Service Providers.
- Produce comprehensive, accurate and realistic Change Proposal Plans setting out a timetable for each Change Proposal relative to its complexity, importance and time-sensitivity.
- Produce and review responses to impact assessments and consultations, identifying required amendments to solution options and legal drafting.
- Complete cost-benefit analysis and produce robust business cases to support the case for approving or rejecting Change Proposals.
- Produce high quality change documentation to internal quality standards.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with other Code Managers and REC Code Manager Service Providers.
- Provide 2nd line support to the service desk to resolve change management queries and assist with front line queries during busy periods.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Demonstrable experience in the GB energy retail market in a relevant role.
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for the GB retail energy market.
- Experience developing solutions to complex operational and technical issues impacting a variety of stakeholders.
- Adept and versatile with the ability to understand and process vast, complex information.
- Ability to identify and understand the impacts of policy development and regulatory change on a broad range of stakeholders.
- Analytical skills to identify the root-cause of issues and develop optimal solution options.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and articulate complex issues to all levels of seniority and to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A keen eye for detail and the highest standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers, putting consumer outcomes at the heart of what you do.
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Work from anywhere policy
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’