Business Development Manager - Energy
We are currently looking for an ambitious, self motivated Business Development Manager who is able to effectively manage their own time and activities to maximise new business sales. The successful candidate will join our Energy Business Unit, reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager, and will be responsible for developing the existing portfolio of services through direct sales activity and consultative selling.
A core activity will be to identify, prioritise and exploit new sales opportunities by networking, developing profitable relationships and developing solutions that meet Clients’ current and future needs.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of generating new business leads, negotiating, and closing sales through direct selling as well as through bids and within a dynamic and competitive sales environment. This individual will have demonstrable experience of communicating solutions and value propositions clearly to clients, either through presentations or written proposals.
- New business lead generation and sales
- Targeting sales prospects in key industry sectors to sell consultancy and related services
- Understanding market conditions and developing value propositions for services to maximise sales and grow future sales pipeline.
- Developing and growing awareness of our brand through developing and growing networks of contacts across clients and industry sectors
- Sales development of clients’ accounts through upselling and cross selling
- Delivery of personal new business sales and revenue targets
- Development and successful execution of campaigns/events targeted at key client and/or industry sectors, working closely with colleagues in consultancy and marketing
- Identifying and tracking potential bids and tenders and writing responses
- Negotiating on and closing sales
- Attending networking events, conferences and functions to develop contacts across the industry.
Essential requirements we will be looking for in the successful candidate are:
- A highly motivated, sales focused individual
- Experience in selling consultancy or similar services
- Strategically minded and capable of generating new business opportunities
- Excellent communication and written skills including bid and tender responses
- A self-starter who is creative and able to organise, prioritise and plan their activities effectively
- Experience of communicating effectively internally to develop business cases for innovative services or approaches to business development
- Experience in developing multi-level relationships from middle management through to C-Level within clients through tactical networking and partnerships
- Proven track record in generating and closing sales opportunities
- Proven track record in using sales skills to convert sales opportunities
- Proven experience in building and maintaining exceptional relationships with Clients
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and competence in other applications within the Microsoft Office suite.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’