Business Development Manager - Cyber Security and Digital Services
Are you looking for a role where you can put your skills and attributes to good use and continue to learn and develop as an individual and a salesperson with high levels of autonomy and responsibility?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts, seeing our role on existing ones extended, and acquiring new service capabilities which complement existing strengths.
We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our team by appointing an ambitious, energetic and self-motivated Business Development Manager, who is able to effectively manage their own time and activities to maximise new business sales. The successful candidate will join our growing Cyber Security and Data Privacy team, reporting to the Director of Sales, and will be responsible for developing the existing portfolio of services through direct sales activity and consultative selling.
A core activity will be to identify, prioritise and exploit new business opportunities by networking, developing profitable relationships and developing solutions that meet Clients’ current and future needs.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of generating new business leads, negotiating, and closing sales through direct selling as well as through bids and within a dynamic and competitive sales environment. This individual will have the ability to understand technical/delivery aspects of Cyber Security and Data Privacy and communicate solutions and value propositions clearly to clients.
- New business lead generation and sales
- Targeting sales prospects in key industry sectors to sell consultancy and related services
- Understanding market conditions and prioritising activities to maximise sales and grow future sales pipeline
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our services and ways we deliver them to generate USP’s and value propositions for use in consultative selling
- Growing awareness of our brand through developing and growing networks of contacts across clients and industry sectors
- Ongoing growth of new clients won through upselling and cross-selling
- Delivery of personal new business sales and revenue targets
- Development and successful execution of campaigns/events targeted at key clients and/or industry sectors, working closely with colleagues in consultancy and marketing
- Identifying and tracking potential bids and tenders and writing responses
- Negotiating on and closing sales
- Experience in selling consultancy or similar services
- Experience in strategically developing multi-level relationships within clients, from middle management to C-level, through tactical networking and partnerships
- Proven track record in generating and closing sales opportunities
- Proven track record in using sales skills to convert sales opportunities within a short time frame
- Proven experience in building and maintaining exceptional relationships with clients
- Experience of communicating effectively internally to develop business cases for innovative services or approaches to business development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of the Cyber Security and Data Privacy landscape
- Understanding of prospect need development in an environment where the status quo or do nothing is a significant competitor
- Strategically minded and capable of generating new business opportunities
- Excellent communication and written skills including bid and tender responses
- A self-starter who is creative and able to organise, prioritise, and plan their activities effectively
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and competence in other applications within the Microsoft office suite.
Full UK driving license required
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.