Business Development Manager - Cyber and Digital Services
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding business development role in which you can learn, develop, and play a leading part in supporting the exciting growth of our professional services business?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts, seeing our role on existing ones extended, and acquiring new service capabilities which complement existing strengths.
We have ambitious growth plans and are now looking to strengthen our BD team by appointing an energetic and self-motivated Business Development Manager, who can manage their own time and activities to maximise new business sales. The successful candidate will join our growing Cyber and Digital Business Unit and will be responsible for developing the existing portfolio of services through direct consultative selling.
A core activity of the role will be consultative selling – selling consultant expertise and experience. This will include identifying client challenges and creating solutions by combining Gemserv expertise and sector experience. The postholder will need to be very well seasoned in prioritising and exploiting new business opportunities by networking, developing relationships, and demonstrating subject matter expertise in our service areas – creating solutions led by cyber secuirty and privacy, building in our wider services around data analytics, digital and programme management, and overlaying with our sector experience.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of selling in a professional services business. This also includes, generating new business leads, negotiating, and closing sales through direct selling as well as through bids and within a dynamic and competitive sales environment.
- New business lead generation and sales – primarily creating solutions led by cyber security and data privacy, and building in our wider services in data analytics, digital and programme management.
- Targeting sales prospects in key industry sectors to sell consultancy and related services and combining our sector experience with our technical capabilities to draw out USP.
- Understanding market conditions and prioritising activities to maximise sales and grow future sales pipeline.
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our services and ways we deliver them to generate USP's and value propositions for use in consultative selling.
- Growing awareness of our brand through developing and growing networks of contacts across clients and industry sectors.
- Ongoing growth of new clients won through upselling and cross-selling.
- Delivery of personal new business sales and revenue targets.
- Development and successful execution of campaigns/events targeted at key clients and/or industry sectors, working closely with colleagues in consultancy and marketing.
- Identifying and tracking potential bids and tenders and writing responses.
- Negotiating on and closing sales.
- Experience in selling consultancy or similar services.
- Demonstrating a sound level of technical expertise in cyber security and privacy.
- Experience in strategically developing multi-level relationships within clients, from middle management to C-level, through tactical networking and partnerships.
- Sector experience in any or combination of UK energy, public sector, health, defence, construction and/or insurance will be an advantage.
- Experience and track record in generating and closing sales opportunities.
- Track record in using sales skills to convert sales opportunities within a short time frame.
- Experience in building and maintaining exceptional relationships with clients.
- Experience of communicating effectively internally to develop business cases for innovative services or approaches to business development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of the cyber security and data privacy landscape.
- Understanding of prospect need development in an environment where the status quo or do nothing is a significant competitor.
- Strategically minded and capable of generating new business opportunities.
- Excellent communication and written skills including bid and tender responses.
- A self-starter who is creative and able to organise, prioritise, and plan their activities effectively.
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’