Alt HAN Secretariat Consultant
Are you looking to develop your career and become a key employee in a rapidly expanding and dynamic organisation? Do you want the responsibility and accountability to be able to demonstrate your abilities on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across the wider energy sector?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen the Alt Han team by employing a Secretariat Consultant.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to develop your career in one of the economy’s most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for candidates who have gained experience within a regulated industry and are now looking to take the next step.
As a Alt Han Secretariat Consultant, you will be delivering a major contract within the smart metering environment with responsibility for day-to-day management of relevant meetings.
In your role, along with other governance colleagues, you will liaise with the committee members and work closely with various committee Chairs to plan agendas, papers, approve minutes and drive actions. You will also work with the wider team to deliver support where required.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of supporting materials provided to the meetings and the smooth running of all governance meetings. You will play a key role in delivering exceptional service to our clients and industry stakeholders and will therefore need to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and hold themselves and others to high standards of quality. We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is self-motivated, able to think outside the box and someone who can drive efficiency and motivate those around them. Additionally, you will be expected to support the positioning of Gemserv's additional services to key stakeholders.
- Attending industry meetings, pre-meetings and post-meetings as appropriate;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with meeting members and meeting Chairs;
- Work alongside meeting Chairs to ensure the highest quality of service is being provided;
- Reviewing and managing the quality of meeting agendas, papers and minutes and ensuring consistency throughout;
- Reviewing and drafting external communications (newsletters, bulletins etc.);
- Acting as a helpdesk escalation point; and
- Ensuring we meet our service levels regarding secretariat and deliver exceptional service.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates to have experience of or interest in the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Have excellent organisational skills, able to create standards and processes for others to follow;
- Have strong client and stakeholder management skills with proven ability to manage upwards, downwards and influence peers;
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects;
- Strive for excellence in their work and that of others, able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- Be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in short spaces of time;
- Be able to manage time and varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise and convey a point with a clear concise message
- Have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes
- Be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders; and
- Be a team player, with good team interaction and interpersonal skills, working towards a shared vision for the future
Upon employment, employee should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Management Systems along with understanding of Gemserv compliance with GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’